Quinoa and grilled corn topped with grilled chicken, cucumber, radish and avocado, topped with a drizzle of dressing and spring onion
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 15 minutes|
- 12g fresh coriander leaves
- 12g fresh basil leaves
- 7.5g spring onion, white and light green part, dark greens sliced and reserved for garnish
- 5ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 5 teaspoon of salt
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 400g sweetcorn
- 5g freshly ground black pepper
- 6g ground cumin
- 40g dry quinoa
- 1/4 Cucumber, cut into 1cm wedges
- 10g radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled & sliced
- 30ml Water
- Place the coriander, basil, spring onion, half of the oil, the teaspoon of lime juice, and ½ teaspoon of the salt along with the water, in the small bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap onto a large cutting board. Place two pieces of the chicken on top and then cover with another sheet of plastic wrap. Use a mallet or rolling pin to pound the chicken to an even 1cm thickness. Repeat with the remaining 2 pieces of chicken.
- Brush the chicken with remaining oil and season with the black pepper and cumin, place on a lined tray add the sweetcorn, cook under a grill or in the oven until the chicken is cooked and the sweetcorn lightly charred. Remove the corn and keep on the side, slice chicken breast diagonally into six strips
- Put the quinoa and 150ml of water into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and simmer until the quinoa is just cooked about 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, leave to cool.
- When ready to serve, add and stir in the corn with the quinoa. Divide the quinoa/corn mixture among four bowls.
- Arrange the chicken strips, cucumber, radishes, and avocado on top. Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with sliced greens from the spring onion.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 417, Carbs: 40.7g, Protein: 26.2g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 2.1g, Fiber: 5.7g