In search of an effortless, but not boring, weekday meal? Whip up this healthy and hearty pasta dish that’s loaded with fiber-rich veggies and heart-smart salmon. If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, this combo is also tasty served cold.
Follow Our Recipe
Serving Size: 4
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound salmon fillet (about 1-inch thickness), skin removed
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
- 1/3 cup pasta cooking water
- 1 (5-ounce) container arugula
- 2 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 lime), plus optional lime wedges for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives
- Preheat broiler.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat to cook pasta.
- Coat a small ovenproof dish with cooking spray. Add salmon to the dish and broil until the center is no longer pink, about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness. When done, remove from broiler and let cool.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to the boiling water. Cook for the amount of time package directions indicate for al dente. Two minutes before being al dente, add the frozen peas into the pasta water; also, at this time, remove 1/3 cup pasta water for later use.
- Drain in a colander; return pasta and peas to the pot. Add half the arugula and the entire cream cheese to pasta; use tongs to toss together until arugula is wilted and cream cheese is melted. Add remaining arugula, tossing again to wilt.
- Meanwhile, use a fork to flake the salmon. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, lime juice, dill, salt, pepper, and reserve pasta water. Add both the flaked fish and sauce to pasta, using tongs to combine. Garnish with chives and (optional) lime wedges. Serve.
Nutrition Facts: Grams per
serving: 412, Calories: 550, Carbs: 70g, Protein: 45g, Fat: 9.5g, Sat. Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 98mg, Sodium: 693mg, Fiber: 5g