Pulled chicken sandwich with pineapple and red cabbage
Follow Our Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 multigrain rolls
- 300 g chicken fillet
- 200 g fresh pineapple
- 80 g sliced red cabbage
- Half a red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bunch of coriander (15 g)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Optional: toothpicks
- Combine the red cabbage with the dressing.
- Remove the hard inner core of the pineapple and cut the flesh into small cubes.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a pan, sauté the pineapple pieces until golden brown and allow to cool.
- Wash the red pepper, remove the inner ribs and seeds and chop finely.
- Finely chop the coriander.
- Chop the onion.
- Combine the pineapple with the red onion, red pepper, coriander and lemon juice to create a salsa.
- Grill the chicken fillet in a pan for 10-15 minutes until done.
- Shred the chicken using two forks.
- Slice the rolls in half and place the red cabbage, chicken and salsa on the bottom.
- Place the top half of the bun on top and pierce with a toothpick.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 485, Carbs: 63.69g, Protein: 22.2g, Fat: 13.88g, Fiber: 9.15g