Mexican salad with sweet potato, corn, cherry tomatoes, kidney beans and avocado
Follow Our Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
- 400 g sweet potatoes
- 160 g crispy corn
- 200 g red kidney beans
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Half an avocado
- Half a lemon
- 4 tsp cumin seed
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp yoghurt spread
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into small cubes.
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop finely or crush.
- Combine the sweet potatoes with the cumin seed, chili powder, garlic and olive oil.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking paper and place the sweet potatoes on it. Bake for 20 minutes until done.
- Rinse the maize and kidney beans with water and drain.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and slice in half.
- Cut the onion into rings.
- Combine the baked sweet potato, cherry tomatoes, maize, kidney beans and half of the red onion rings and arrange on a plate.
- Slice open the avocado, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh.
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Use a hand blender to combine the avocado, remaining red onion rings, yoghurt spread, lemon juice, 40 ml of water and pepper to taste to make a dressing.
- Drizzle the salad with the avocado dressing.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 398, Carbs: 37.62g, Protein: 8.5g, Fiber: 9.99g