A sandwich with filet americain topped with a sauce of fried onion, capers, olives, garlic, tomato frito and peppers.
Follow Our Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 thick slices of whole wheat bread
- 120 g filet americain
- ½ red pepper (to taste)
- 30 g black olives
- ½ onion
- 4 tsp capers
- 4 tbsp tomato frito
- 1 spring onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the red peppers into fine rings and slice the olives.
- Chop the onion and squeeze the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onion until golden brown. Add the capers, olives, garlic puree and peppers and fry briefly.
- Add the tomato frito and let the puttanesca sauce simmer for 10 minutes. Let the sauce cool.
- Cut the spring onions into rings and cut the slices of bread diagonally. Cover the bread with the filet americain and the puttanesca sauce.
- Garnish with the spring onions.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 312, Carbs: 17.22g, Protein: 9.4g, Fat: 22.28g, Sat. Fat: 4.40g, Fiber: 5.36g