When you want to get in shape very fast, jumping rope is your go to activity. It will cost you a few minutes every day and you even do not have to go to the gym.
As a child you could probably jump rope for hours. We challenge you to pick up that jump rope again and start jumping. The first time it may be a bit disappointing, but don’t give up: within a month you’ll be doing 18 minutes of jumping. We give you 5 good reasons to start.
- It is a fast and easy way to burn calories: in 10 minutes you’ll burn between 100 and 150 calories, depending on your weight, length and age.
- Skipping rope takes little time: at the end of the challenge it only takes you 18 minutes.
- You can do it both indoors and outdoors. Bright weather? Go jumping rope in the park or just on the sidewalk.
- It is totally free and you will grow strong muscles and bones.
- You take a short break between jumping sessions. That makes jumping rope a good interval training, which helps you to get in good physical condition.