Sweet pea hummus on a toasted multigrain baguette with radishes, feta and dill with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 3 to 5 minutes|Cook time: 5 to 10 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 2 toasts
- 2 cups green peas, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 8 slices crusty, textured whole grain bread, such as from a “health” loaf (½-inch thick slices, about 1 ¼ ounce each) or multigrain baguette sliced into long slices on a bias (about 1 ¼ ounce each)
- 1 medium radish, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 scallion, green and white parts, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- ¼ cup fresh dill fronds
- If using fresh peas place them in a saucepan with ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until they are tender but still bright green, 5-10 minutes depending on the size and starchiness of the peas. Drain the peas, then transfer them to an ice bath for a few minutes to stop the cooking and drain again. If using frozen peas, heat them in a pan on the stove or in a bowl in the microwave until thawed but still cool.
- Transfer the peas to the small bowl of a food processor. Add two tablespoons of the oil, the lemon juice, zest, the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Pulse several times, until the mixture is spreadable, but retains some texture.
- Toast the bread, then spread 2 heaping tablespoons of the pea mixture onto each piece of toast. Top each with a few radish slices, some scallion, cheese and dill. Drizzle each toast with ½ teaspoon of the remaining olive oil, and sprinkle with the remaining black pepper. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 320, Carbs: 40g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 13g, Sat. Fat: 3.5g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 690mg, Fiber: 5g