Pizzetta with pizza sauce, roasted eggplant, plum tomato, vegan mozzarella, crispy panko & fresh oregano
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 12 minutes|Cook time: 18 to 22 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 1 pizzetta each
- 1 cup no added salt diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 pinch dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 small basil leaf, thinly sliced or 1/4 teaspoon of dried basil leaves
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Roasted Eggplant Rings:
- 10 ounces fresh eggplant (about half an eggplant), cut in half lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
Sweet Eggplant Parm Pizzetta:
- 4 whole wheat flatbreads, approximately 4-inch x8-inch or whole grain pocketless Greek pita or whole grain naan
- 1 cup diced fresh plum tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese or part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
To Prepare Pizza Sauce:
- In a blender, pulse tomatoes lightly to crush. Transfer to a bowl.
- Combine all ingredients until well-blended. Cover, and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Roasted Eggplant Rings:
- Place eggplant slices in a mixing bowl with oil. Toss to evenly coat.
- Place eggplant in a single layer on a parchment paper lined sheet tray. Do not overcrowd.
- Place in a preheated 450-degree Fahrenheit standard oven (400-degree Fahrenheit convection oven). Roast for 8 to 10 minutes until eggplant has browned but is still firm to the touch. Allow to cool slightly before using.
To Prepare Spicy Chipotle Chicken Pizzetta:
- Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or standard oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Evenly spread ¼ cup pizza sauce to ¼-inch from the edge of each flatbread.
- In order, evenly top with:
-1/4 cup diced tomato
-1/4 cup shredded cheese
-1 Tablespoon panko breadcrumbs.
NOTE: Do not pile ingredients in center but concentrate on spreading towards outside edges.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Evenly top cooked pizzetta with ½ teaspoon chopped fresh oregano.
- Cut as desired. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 350, Carbs: 55g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 11g, Sat. Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Fiber: 14g