Whipped cream, Greek yogurt, honey, almond extract and fresh strawberries topped with crumbled amaretto cookies
Follow Ellie's Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 7 minutes|Cook time: 0 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 16 ounces strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup well-chilled heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 14 small amaretto cookies (2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and honey. Place the strawberries in a medium bowl, drizzle with the lemon-honey mixture and toss to coat.
- Place the cream, sugar and almond extract in a large bowl and whip with an electric beater on high speed until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, gently fold in the yogurt.
- Place the cookies in a sealable plastic bag and crush into large crumbs using a rolling pin or mallet.
- To make the parfaits, dollop 1 tablespoon of the cream into each of 4 large wine glasses or parfait glasses. Top each with:
2 tablespoons of the cookie crumbs a quarter of the berries
1 tablespoon cream
1 tablespoon of cookie crumbs.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 170, Carbs: 23g, Protein: 3g Fat: 8g, Sat. fat: 4.5g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 30mg, Fiber: 2g