Pizzetta with lemon yogurt pesto, sautéed garlic shrimp, mozzarella, parmesan, grape tomato and fresh basil
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 12 minutes|Cook time: 25 to 37 minutes|Yield: 4 pizzettas; 1 pizzetta each
Basil Lemon Yogurt Pesto:
- ¼ cup raw whole garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Sautéed Lemon Garlic Shrimp:
- 12 to 14 ounces raw, peeled and deveined shrimp (71-90 count)
- 1 ¾ teaspoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 pinch of Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Shrimp Pesto Pizzetta:
- 4 whole wheat flatbreads, approximately 4-inch x8-inch or whole grain pocketless Greek pita or whole grain naan
- 1 cup shredded part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
To Prepare Basil Lemon Yogurt Pesto:
- Roast whole garlic cloves in a 300-degree Fahrenheit oven until golden brown and fragrant, about 15 to 25 minutes.
NOTE: Pan size and cooking times will vary depending on the amount of garlic that is being roasted. Be careful to not burn garlic.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until well-blended. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Sautéed Lemon Garlic Shrimp:
- Heat sauté pan over medium high heat. Coat with cooking spray.
- Add shrimp and lemon juice. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or until pink and opaque.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Divide into four portions.
To Prepare Shrimp Pizzetta:
- Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or standard oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Evenly spread 2 Tablespoons basil lemon yogurt pesto to ¼-inch from the edge of each flatbread.
- Evenly distribute 1 serving lemon garlic shrimp over pizzetta.
- In order, evenly top with:
-1/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella
-1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
-2 Tablespoons quartered grape tomatoes.
NOTE: Do not pile ingredients in center but concentrate on spreading towards outside edges.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven.
- Evenly top cooked pizzetta with 1 Tablespoon thinly sliced basil
- Cut as desired. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 290, Carbs: 39g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 6g, Sat. Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 70mg, Sodium: 720mg, Fiber: 6g