Toasted tri-color quinoa topped with sliced banana, pomegranate seeds, low fat yogurt and honey
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes|Cook time: 14 to 18 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
Tri Color Quinoa:
- 1 1/3 cups tri color quinoa
- 2 cups water
Pomegranate & Banana Quinoa Breakfast Bowl:
- 1 medium (4 ounces) banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons honey
To Cook Quinoa:
- Rinse quinoa until water runs clear.
- Heat stock pot over medium high heat. Add quinoa. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted and dry.
- Add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and water is absorbed. Serve warm.
To Assemble Breakfast Bowl:
- Place 1 cup warm quinoa in center of bowl.
- Evenly top with:
-1 ounce (approximately 5 slices) sliced banana
-1 Tablespoon pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon low fat plain yogurt and 1 teaspoon honey. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 340, Carbs: 66g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 5g, Sat. Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 55mg, Fiber: 8g