Follow Ellie's Recipe
Prep Time: 40 minutes|Cook time: 2 to 3 minutes|Yield: 15 servings
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup natural-style smooth peanut butter
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (may substitute chopped dried fruit)
- 5 cups crispy brown rice cereal
To Prepare Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Crispy Rice Treats:
- Combine the honey and peanut butter in a large pot over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the chocolate chips and then the brown rice cereal, coating it evenly.
- Grease a 9-by-13-inch shallow baking dish with cooking oil spray. Transfer the rice mixture to the baking dish. Lay a piece of plastic wrap over it to prevent your hands from sticking as you press the mixture evenly and firmly into the pan.
- Cover and refrigerate for 40 minutes, until set, then cut into 15 equal pieces.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 200, Carbs: 28g, Protein: 4g Fat: 9g, Sat. fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 80mg, Fiber: 2g