Whole wheat flatbread layered with creamy feta and yogurt topped with mashed sweet potato, red onion, zucchini and mint
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 12 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 25 to 32 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
- 3 Tablespoons feta cheese
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
Moroccan Mashed Sweet Potatoes:
- ¾ cup peeled and diced sweet potato
- Water to boil sweet potato
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Moroccan Spiced Sweet Potato Pizzetta:
- 5 ounces fresh zucchini, cut in half and sliced lengthwise into 12 slices
- 4 whole wheat flatbreads, approximately 4-inch x8-inch or whole grain pocketless Greek pita or whole grain naan
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon roughly chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
To Prepare Whipped Feta:
- Place cheese and yogurt in a mixing bowl. Whip using a whisk attachment for 5 minutes or until fluffy. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Moroccan Mashed Sweet Potatoes:
- Boil or steam sweet potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes or until completely tender. Place hot potatoes in mixer bowl. Using a whip attachment, mix on low speed until potatoes are mashed. Turn off mixer.
- Add all the seasonings. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute, then on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
NOTE: Scraping down the bowl 2 or 3 times will prevent lumps.
NOTE: A hand mixer can be used in place of a stand mixer to whip the potatoes.
To Prepare Moroccan Spiced Sweet Potato Pizzetta:
- Grill zucchini on a grill pan until well-marked. Or, place on a sheet pan and roast in a preheated 400-degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly before building pizzettas.
- Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or standard oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Evenly spread 2 Tablespoons whipped feta to ¼-inch from the edge of each flatbread.
- Evenly distribute 3 slices grilled zucchini over the pizza.
- Dollop 4 teaspoons Moroccan Sweet Potato over each pizzetta.
NOTE: Do not pile ingredients in center but concentrate on spreading towards outside edges.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
- Evenly top each cooked pizzetta with:
- 1 Tablespoon sliced red onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint.
- Cut as desired. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 230, Carbs: 41g, Protein: 10g Fat: 3g, Sat. fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 410mg, Fiber: 6g