This impressive, low-calorie dessert is a showstopper for entertaining.
Follow Our Recipe
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- Zest and 2 teaspoons juice from 1 lemon, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) container raspberries
- 1 (6-ounce) container blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Put egg whites, cream of tartar and salt into large bowl or bowl of stand mixer. (Note: Make sure not to get even a drop of yolk into the whites when separating eggs or the meringues won’t stiffen.) Using whisk attachment, beat on high speed until soft peaks are formed, around 3 minutes. Slowly pour in 1/3 cup sugar—just about a tablespoon at a time—beating until sugar dissolves and meringue peaks are stiff, about 1 to 2 minutes. Using spatula, gently fold in zest of 1 lemon.
- Make nests by dropping meringue into 4 mounds onto prepared baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, form each mound into 4-inch cups, using back of spoon to make indent in center of each This impressive, low-calorie dessert is a showstopper for entertaining. meringue. Place meringues in oven and bake until firm, 2 hours. Turn off heat, leaving meringues in oven (don’t open door) for 1 more hour
- While meringues are baking, stir together all berries plus remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in medium container. Cover container and refrigerate until needed.
- To serve, place meringue nests on plates, and fill with berry mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 144, Carbs: 34g, Protein: 3g Fat: 1g, Sat. fat: 0g, Sodium: 29mg, Fiber: 6g