Romaine lettuce, red peppers, cucumbers, green olives, red onion, parsley and tuna tossed with vinaigrette
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 0 minutes|Yield: 2 servings; 2 cups each
- 3 cups chopped Romaine hearts or Little Gem lettuce
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped English or Persian cucumber
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup sliced pitted green olives
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- One 7 to 8-ounce jar of tuna packed in olive oil (or two 4 to 5-ounce cans), undrained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the lettuce, bell pepper, cucumber, parsley, olive and onion together in a large bowl.
- Add the tuna, along with the oil it was packed in, to the bowl, then break up the tuna a little with a fork.
- Add the vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Serve in individual bowls. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 260, Carbs: 8g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 620mg, Fiber: 3g