Two healthy grain tortillas, mashed avocado, grilled tilapia, sesame cabbage, carrot & daikon slaw with sliced jalapeno
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 5 to 7 minutes|Yield: 4; 2 tacos per serving
Grilled Fish Tacos with Asian Slaw:
- 1 ½ tablespoons canola, or other neutral tasting high heat oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (shredded on the large holes of a box grater)
- 1/4 cup shredded daikon radish (shredded on the large holes of a box grater)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1-pound firm white fish fillets, such as mahi-mahi, tilapia, or halibut (skinless)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 small whole wheat flour tortillas (6-inches in diameter)
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
To Prepare Grilled Fish Tacos with Asian Slaw:
- Whisk 1 tablespoon of the canola oil, the vinegar, sesame oil, honey and ¼ teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl. Add the cabbage, carrot, radish and onion and toss to combine.
- Peel and pit the avocado. Mash it in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, the Sriracha and 1/8 teaspoon salt, then stir until smooth.
- Brush the fish on both sides with the remaining ½ tablespoon of the oil, then season it with the remaining ¼ teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Grill the fish over a medium-high heat in a grill pan or on a grill until grill marks have formed and it flakes easily with a fork, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a plate and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of lime juice. Break up the fish with a fork into chunks. Warm the tortillas on the grill or grill pan for 30 seconds per side. To assemble, spread some of the avocado mixture onto a tortilla, top that with fish, then slaw, jalapeño slices and cilantro leaves.
- As needed, place 2 tacos on a service plate. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 360, Carbs: 35g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 610mg, Fiber: 5g