Red leaf lettuce tossed in a vinaigrette dressing topped with pears, toasted pecans, blue cheese crumbles and chicken
Follow Ellie's Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 7 to 8 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Grilled Chicken Breast:
- 10 ½ ounces raw boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Mediterranean Pita Cracker:
- 2 (6”) whole grain pita bread
- 1/8 teaspoon True Lemon crystals
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean seasoning
- Leaves from 1 large head of red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 large, ripe pear, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 ¼ ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons pecan pieces, toasted
- NOTE: Toast the pecan pieces in a small, dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Cool completely before using.
For the dressing:
- Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, shallot, salt, pepper and oil a medium bowl until emulsified.
For the chicken:
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken, garlic and pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Lightly coat each breast with cooking spray. Place breasts on hot grill pan or grill. Grill for 1 minute. Turn 90 degrees and cook another minute. Flip, and repeat to ensure even marks. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat. Allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes, and slice into thin slices.
For the crackers:
- Spray pitas with cooking spray. Evenly sprinkle with lemon crystals and seasoning. Cut each pita into 4 wedges. Place onto sheet pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp. Allow to cool at room temperature before use.
For the salad:
- Place the lettuce in a large mixing bowl and toss with the dressing until coated.
- Divide the dressed lettuce among individual plates. Top each portion with slices of pear, some blue cheese crumbles, pecan pieces and sliced chicken. Serve right away pita crackers.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 300, Carbs: 24g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 3.5g, Cholesterol: 48mg, Sodium: 470mg, Fiber: 4g