Follow Our Recipe
Serving Size: 1 fillet, 3 ounces wild rice, 2 tablespoons Grapefruit BBQ Sauce, 1 tomato half
- 1 tablespoon Grapefruit BBQ Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon + 1½ teaspoon garlic, fresh
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon rosemary, fresh, chopped
- ½ tablespoon thyme leaves, fresh, chopped
- ¾ tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tilapia fillets (3-5 ounces each), raw
- Prepare Grapefruit BBQ Sauce according to recipe.
- Combine garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, rosemary and thyme. Mix well.
- Combine BBQ Sauce, olive oil and garlic mixture to create marinade. Rub mixture onto fillets. Hold refrigerated for 1 hour to marinate.
- Arrange marinated fillets on parchment lined oven-safe pan.
- Bake in a 400 degree F standard oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily and minimum internal temperature is 145 degrees F (for 15 seconds).
Plain Wild Rice
- 2¼ cups water
- 1½ cups wild rice, raw
- Rinse rice under cold running water (not listed).
- In a pot, add water and rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is just tender.
- Remove from heat. Let stand, covered for 10 minutes. Drain and discard extra water. Fluff with a fork. Hold hot (140 degrees F or above) for use.
Grapefruit BBQ Sauce
- 2¾ teaspoons ketchup
- 1⅛ teaspoon pink grapefruit juice, fresh
- 2-5/8 teaspoons tomato puree, canned
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle peppers with adobo, canned
- Combine all ingredients. Mix until well-blended. Hold refrigerated until ready to use.
Tomato Half Baked with Tarragon, Basil, Parmesan and Italian Parsley
- 3 tomatoes, fresh, cored, halved crosswise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ tablespoon garlic, fresh, minced
- 3 tablespoons plain bread crumbs, dry
- ¾ tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon tarragon leaves, fresh, minced
- ¼ teaspoon basil leaves, fresh, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian parsley leaves, fresh, minced
- Arrange tomato halves, cut side up, in a 2-inch oven-safe pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat oil.
- Add garlic. Sauté just until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Stir in bread crumbs, cheese, tarragon, basil and parsley. Sprinkle about 1 ounce over each tomato half, mounding with the rounded part of a spoon. Gently press into tomato.
- Add enough water (not listed) to cover the bottom of the pan, barely coming a scant ½ʺ up the sides of the tomatoes. Bake in a 350 degree F standard oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until minimum internal temperature is 140 degrees F or above. Do not overcook.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 380, Carbs: 56g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 5g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Sodium: 400mg, Fiber: 5g