Grapefruit BBQ Baked Tilapia with Wild Rice and Stuffed Tomato
Serving: 1 fillet, 3 ounces wild rice, 2 tablespoons Grapefruit BBQ Sauce, 1 tomato half
- 1 tablespoon Grapefruit BBQ Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon + 1½ teaspoon garlic, fresh
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon rosemary, fresh, chopped
- ½ tablespoon thyme leaves, fresh, chopped
- ¾ tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tilapia fillets (3-5 ounces each), raw
Prepare Grapefruit BBQ Sauce according to recipe.
Combine garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, rosemary and thyme. Mix well.
Combine BBQ Sauce, olive oil and garlic mixture to create marinade. Rub mixture onto fillets. Hold refrigerated for 1 hour to marinate.
Arrange marinated fillets on parchment lined oven-safe pan.
Bake in a 400 degree F standard oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily and minimum internal temperature is 145 degrees F (for 15 seconds).
Plain Wild Rice
- 2¼ cups water
- 1½ cups wild rice, raw
Rinse rice under cold running water (not listed).
In a pot, add water and rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is just tender.
Remove from heat. Let stand, covered for 10 minutes. Drain and discard extra water. Fluff with a fork. Hold hot (140 degrees F or above) for use.
Grapefruit BBQ Sauce
- 2¾ teaspoons ketchup
- 1⅛ teaspoon pink grapefruit juice, fresh
- 2-5/8 teaspoons tomato puree, canned
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle peppers with adobo, canned
Combine all ingredients. Mix until well-blended. Hold refrigerated until ready to use.
Tomato Half Baked with Tarragon, Basil, Parmesan and Italian Parsley
- 3 tomatoes, fresh, cored, halved crosswise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ tablespoon garlic, fresh, minced
- 3 tablespoons plain bread crumbs, dry
- ¾ tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon tarragon leaves, fresh, minced
- ¼ teaspoon basil leaves, fresh, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian parsley leaves, fresh, minced
Arrange tomato halves, cut side up, in a 2-inch oven-safe pan.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a skillet, heat oil.
Add garlic. Sauté just until fragrant. Remove from heat.
Stir in bread crumbs, cheese, tarragon, basil and parsley. Sprinkle about 1 ounce over each tomato half, mounding with the rounded part of a spoon. Gently press into tomato.
Add enough water (not listed) to cover the bottom of the pan, barely coming a scant ½ʺ up the sides of the tomatoes. Bake in a 350 degree F standard oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until minimum internal temperature is 140 degrees F or above. Do not overcook.