Freekeh, grilled chicken, toasted pistachios, mint, scallions, raspberries, feta & honey olive oil vinaigrette
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 1 to 2 hours|Cook time: 20 to 30 minutes|
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon finely chopped garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (4 oz) chicken breasts or 1 pound chicken breast cut into four equal portions
- 1 cup uncooked freekeh
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- ½ (6-ounce) container raspberries, halved
- 4 teaspoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, chopped garlic, 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1 pinch black pepper. Mix well. Add chicken breasts. Toss to evenly coat. Cover, and place in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours minutes to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade when ready to cook. Place the marinated chicken on a hot grill pan or hot grill. Grill until well-marked on both sides and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes and slice each breast against the grain.
- Cook the freekeh according to directions on the package. Drain and allow to cool completely.
- Toast the pistachios in a dry skillet over a medium-high heat until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool, then chop coarsely.
- In a small bowl whisk together 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, honey, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss the freekeh, pistachios, parsley, mint, celery, scallions and the dressing in a large bowl to combine. Then toss in the raspberries.
- Evenly divide salad onto 4 serving plates. Top with chicken and crumbled feta. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 510, Carbs: 57g, Protein: 30g Fat: 19g, Sat. fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 65mg, Sodium: 240mg, Fiber: 240mg