Romaine lettuce, cucumber, grape tomato, red onion, seasoned crispy chickpeas & tahini salad dressing
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 8 to 10 minutes|Yield: 4 entrée salads
For the salad:
- 2 hearts of Romaine lettuce, shredded (about 7 cups)
- ½ English cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the chickpeas:
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- One 15-ounce can of no-salt-added chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Toss the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and onion together in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, stir the tahini, water, lemon juice together in a small bowl until creamy. Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper
- To make the chickpeas, combine the cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper and salt in a small bowl. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then dry them as thoroughly as possible by placing them on top of paper towel in a bowl and patting them dry with additional paper towel. Remove and discard any skins that fall off, but don’t worry about getting them all. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over a medium-high heat, add the chickpeas and cook, shaking or stirring occasionally until they have crisped and become lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Stir in the spice mixture and toss to coat, then transfer the chickpeas to a plate.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine, then toss in the chickpeas.
- Evenly divide onto 4 serving plate. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 260, Carbs: 25g, Protein: 9g Fat: 15g, Sat. fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 370mg, Fiber: 8g