Corn and quinoa topped with grilled chicken, cucumber, radish and avocado with a drizzle of dressing and green onions
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 4 to 5 minutes|Cook time: 15 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 1 bowl (1 cup quinoa corn mixture, ¼ cup cucumber, 4-5 slices chicken, ¼ avocado, and 1 ½ tablespoons sauce)
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 scallion, white and light green part, dark greens sliced and reserved for garnish
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus 4 lime wedges, divided
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-pound skinless boneless chicken breast, pounded to ½-inch thickness
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ cup pre-rinsed quinoa
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- 2 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Place the cilantro, basil, scallion, ¼ cup of the oil, the 1 tablespoon of lime juice, and ½ teaspoon of the salt along with 2 tablespoons water, in the small bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Brush the chicken and the corn with the remaining tablespoon of oil and season them with the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt. Then season the chicken with the black pepper and the cumin. Grill the chicken and the corn over a medium high heat until the corn is tender and lightly charred all around and the chicken is cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side for the chicken and about 15 minutes total for the corn, turning it every 3-4 minutes so it is evenly cooked. Allow the chicken and the corn to rest of 5 minutes, then slice the chicken and cut the kernels off of the corn. The sauce, chicken and corn may be prepared up to three days ahead. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- When ready to serve, put the quinoa and 1 ¼ cup of water into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed, 12-15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in the corn. Divide the quinoa/corn mixture among 4 bowls. Arrange the chicken slices, cucumber, radishes, and avocado on top. Drizzle with the sauce and garnish with scallion greens and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 390, Carbs: 41g, Protein: 26g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 400mg, Fiber: 6g