Grilled chicken topped with tossed baby arugula, snap peas and a light dressing served with strawberries and almonds
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 7 minutes|Cook time: 3 to 4 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 1 piece of chicken and about ¾ cups salad
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided, plus more to taste
- ¼ plus 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Four 5 to 6-ounce pieces boneless skinless chicken breast
- Oil or cooking spray for the grill or grill pan
- 3 cups sugar snap peas (about 8 ounces) trimmed and cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves
- 4 medium strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1. Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over a medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until they are golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 2. In a small bowl whisk the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, the honey, ¼ teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- 3. Place a sheet of plastic wrap onto a large cutting board. Place two pieces of the chicken on top and then cover with another sheet of plastic wrap. Use a mallet or rolling pin to pound the chicken to an even ¼ inch thickness. Repeat with the remaining 2 pieces of chicken. (Note: If you purchase chicken labeled “thin cut” or “cutlets” you may be able to skip this step if the chicken is thin and uniform enough. If not, you can pound it a bit further.) Season the chicken with the remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- 4. Spray a grill or grill pan with oil spray or brush it with oil, then preheat it over a medium-high heat. Grill the chicken until grill marks have formed and it is just cooked through, 1 ½-2 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and drizzle it with the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice.
- 5. Toss the snap peas and the arugula in a medium bowl with the dressing. To serve, place a piece of chicken onto each serving plate. Top with a mound of the snap pea salad and scatter each with strawberry slices and toasted almonds. Season with additional salt to taste.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 250, Carbs: 8g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 13g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 75mg, Sodium: 320mg, Fiber: 2g