Whole-wheat noodles tossed with fresh veggies and topped with peanut sauce and toasted peanuts
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 7 to 10 minutes|Yield: 4 entrées (2 cups noodles/vegetables and a scant ¼ cup sauce)
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil or canola oil
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 ½ cups snow peas (¼ pound), trimmed and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 small carrots, shredded into thin strips with vegetable peeler
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- 3 scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced, ¼ cup of sliced greens reserved for garnish
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- Chili-garlic sauce, such as Sriracha, to taste
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the package directions. Drain, toss with the oil and allow to cool. Once cool, place in a large bowl and toss with the snow peas, carrots, bell peppers and scallion.
- Meanwhile, toast the peanuts in a dry skillet over a medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside to cool, then coarsely chop and reserve for garnish.
- To make the sauce, place the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and ¼ cup of water into a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add chili-garlic sauce to taste.
- To serve, divide the noodle-vegetable mixture among serving bowls, drizzle each with a scant ¼ cup sauce and sprinkle with the reserved scallion and the toasted peanuts.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 350, Carbs: 54g, Protein: 14g Fat: 12g, Sat. fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 530mg, Fiber: 9g