Layered Farro Salad with Kale, Feta, and Grapes
Follow Our Recipe
- 1 cup farro
- 1 1/4 cups walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded kale leaves
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 1/4 cups crumbled feta cheese (6 ounces)
- 2 cups quartered red or black grapes
- Cook the farro according to the directions on the package. Drain well, then place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside to cool, then chop.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Place the kale in a medium bowl, add half of the dressing, and toss to combine. Add the onion, parsley, and remaining dressing to the farro and toss to combine.
- To assemble the salad, place the farro in the bottom of a large glass bowl, patting down slightly. Add the kale on top. Sprinkle with the feta cheese. Then layer with the grapes and finally the walnuts. Alternatively, make individual salads by layering the ingredients in wide-mouthed 12-ounce (500 ml) jars.
serving: 1 1/4 cups, Calories: 370, Carbs: 30g, Protein: 11g Fat: 24g, Sat. fat: 5.6g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 300mg,